There are multiple ways to apply a Pathway to a student's plan - either directly from the Pathway menu, or directly from the student's plan.
From the Pathway
Once your Pathway is complete, you can adjust the setting to Public. This allows students to view the Pathway. You can stop here, and students can search Pathways to use as inspiration or planning tools.
You can also choose to ‘Apply to Students’. This will automatically add the placeholders and courses in the Pathway to the plan for any student using that specific audit.
If you only want to apply the Pathway to a certain student (rather than everyone with the applied audit) you can select 'specific students'. This will allow you to enter student user names for manual application. To apply to specific students, you will need to have 'view' permissions on the student, and the student has to already have the audit applied.
From a student's plan
You can also apply a Pathway directly from a student's plan. To do this, click on the "Planner" tab within the student's profile. Select the option to "Apply a Pathway" and select the appropriate Pathway from the drop-down menu.
Once the Pathway has been applied, students will see courses added to their plan (with a ‘recommended tag’).
Applying Multiple Pathways on a Student’s Plan
Multiple Pathways can be applied to a student’s plan. This means that students who are enrolled in multiple programs can automatically have multiple Pathways applied to their plans, if the Pathways match their programs’ audit versions.
The following rules decide which courses from a Pathway will be applied to specific students:
- Any course that is already in a student's plan will not be added
- If a course is set as 'repeatable' it can be added to the student's plan multiple times. If the repeatable course has already been taken by a student, applying the Pathway will only add the remaining number of repetitions needed to complete the Pathway.
- If a course is not set as 'repeatable', it will only be added to the student's plan once, even if it is in the Pathway multiple times.
- A course will not be added to a student's plan if the pre-requisites are not in plan to be completed before the occurrence of the class.
- If a Pathway is created with an extra class that is not needed for the audit, the extra class will not be added to the student plan. For example, if the audit requires either Math-101 or Math-102, and the Pathway has both classes, only one will be added to the student's plan.
- A placeholder will not be added if the requirement has already been met in the student's plan.