Students are able to ask their advisors to review and approve plans. Advisors are able to mark plans as reviewed, receive notifications when students change previously reviewed plans, and filter students based upon whether or not their plans have been reviewed. This is a useful tool for advisors to keep track of plans that they have reviewed.
When an advisor marks a student's plan as Reviewed, there is no impact on a student's degree requirements. It is helpful to think of the review feature as a record-keeping method for tracking which student plans an advisor has looked at most recently and which students have changed their plans since the last time an advisor reviewed the plan.
1. A student can request to have an advisor review their plan by navigating to the Degree tab on the left sidebar and then clicking the Request to Review Plan button at the top of their primary plan. (Students cannot request a review of any of additional plans.
2. Once the student has clicked Request to Review Plan button, the button will change to the Review requested notice until the advisor has reviewed the plan.
3. Once the student's advisor has clicked Mark as Reviewed, the student see a Reviewed notice at the top of their plan. The student will also receive a notification that the plan has been reviewed. (Students can customize notification preferences under Settings. At a minimum, they will see a notification icon when they log into the platform.)It is not necessary for a student to request that an advisor review their plan in order for the advisor to Mark as Reviewed. Whether or not the student requested the review, the student will receive a notification that the advisor reviewed their plan.
4. A student can click on the notification icon to see the specific details showing when the advisor reviewed their plan.
5. After a student has made edits to their plan, the Reviewed notice will revert to displaying the Request to Review Plan button (original view from step 1).
1. When a student requests a review of their plan, the advisor will receive a notification. (Advisors can customize notification preferences under Settings. At a minimum, they will see a notification icon when they log into the platform.)
2. When the advisor clicks on the notification, a sidebar will appear on the right with the notification details. The can click on the notification text to go to the student's plan.
3. Once the advisor has inspected the student's plan and finds it to be satisfactory, the advisor can approve the plan by clicking Mark as Reviewed and then clicking OK to confirm the action.The Mark as Reviewed button is available from all of the menu views that an advisor has for a student.
4. If a student makes changes to their plan after it has been marked as Reviewed by their advisor, the plan will revert back to an unreviewed state and the advisor will see an Unreviewed Changes note.If an advisor makes changes to the student's plan from the administrative view of the student, the plan does not become unreviewed and will stay in "reviewed" status. Only when a student makes a change to their plan does the plan revert to being unreviewed.
Advisors: Filter for Reviewed or Unreviewed Plans
From within the Students tab on the left sidebar, advisors can filter by reviewed status. Click on Planned and then select a Review Status from the menu. Options include:
- Both Reviewed and Unreviewed Plans
- Only Reviewed Plans
- Only Unreviewed Plans
- Requested for Review