In the Plan your Path tab in Stellic, you’ll easily be able to see which classes are remaining towards your degree, and organize them into terms. We’ll warn you of missing pre-requisites and suggest classes based on your interests. You can scroll to the bottom of this view to see any transfer courses.
Tip: You can also see this view, and add classes, from the ‘Planner’ section of the Track Progress tab!
The right sidebar gives you several ways to view your various requirements:
- The Tentative List tab hosts:
- Remaining Requirements - a list of only your program requirements that have not been taken or planned
- Activities- a section to store any non-course requirements that you want to include in your overall academic plan, such as work, clubs, athletics, or any other commitments.
- Courses - a section to add courses that you want to make note of for any reason. This is a good place to store specific courses that could count for electives, or courses you are interested in taking but not yet sure where they fit in your plan.
- The Progress tab contains:
- All requirements for any programs that you have added (either officially or unofficially) to your plan.
- You can toggle two different views in programs by clicking on the arrow icons next to the Programs title:
- Compact View gives an overview of requirements in your audit
- Expanded View shows all the audit details.
- The Search Courses tab allows you to search for courses and filter them based on requirement, term offered, instructor, and more.
Remaining Requirements on the Tentative List will only show courses that still need to be planned, so it’s a great place to work from. You can directly grab a course and move it to your chosen semester. We’ll show an error message if that course doesn’t work in that semester - if you won’t have the required prerequisites cleared by that time, or if the class isn’t usually offered at that time.
Tip: You can click on a course for more information, including instructors, a course description, and pre or co-requisites.
From the Progress tab in the right sidebar, you can drag and drop available courses (courses with no symbol aren’t in your plan yet, so are available to drag). You can also drag and drop requirements to create placeholders. As long as a requirement has some optional classes (does not have the ‘fulfill all’ constraint) you’ll be able to drag it and it will automatically be shown as a placeholder. Placeholders are shown with a dotted line in your planner, and indicate that there are multiple course options to choose from for that particular requirement. Clicking on the placeholder brings up a list of possible courses to fulfill the requirement.
For more search options, click the "Search Courses" button. You’ll see a search sidebar on the right with options to filter the course search. You can add a course directly from the search sidebar by dragging and dropping. Or, click the course to see the full details, and then click the "Add to Plan" button.
You can drag and drop courses between semesters to optimize your plan. You’ll see a warning text if the course won’t work in that spot.
Remove courses from your plan by hovering over the course box and clicking the ‘x’ in the top right-hand corner.
Note: If you are already officially registered for a course, you’ll need to drop the course through your school's official registration system, not just Stellic. We’ll show a ‘not in plan’ tag as a reminder that this course is already registered, even though you’ve removed it from your plan.